Thursday, February 26, 2009

Petting Zoo Fun and Epiphany

We went to the petting zoo yesterday and Everett had a blast! It was an adventure to try and juggle strollers, kids, and belongings to and from the train. It was amazing how all the moms got together and had a strategy plan to get our group on and off the train. Our little group is planning on taking a road trip with the kids to Arizona to visit one of our friends. I am confident that if we could juggle 8 kids, 5 strollers, and 6 moms, we can definitely handle a little road trip! Here are some of the pics of our trip!
Getting ready to get on the train



Playing with Ashlyn in the bunny/guinea pig pen





Chillin' in the carrier


On the petting zoo train!


30 second nap at the petting zoo


Back at the Fullerton train station

While we were having lunch, one of the girls talked about giving up TV for lent. Although I'm not Catholic, I started to think about what she had said. It's amazing how much of my day gets wasted from technology. I've noticed that in my spare time I grab my computer and start surfing and next thing I know it's midnight! The same happens with the TV! Afterwards I feel like I didn't accomplish anything, with a promise to myself that the next day I will do better. So, I am officially cutting back on technology. I feel that once it is a conscious effort I will be able to succeed in reaching my goal. I enjoyed going to the petting zoo with Everett and am now looking for more fun and inexpensive things to do with him. It was great for us to get outside, enjoy time with friends and learn about animals.  

No comments: