Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Story of his Birth















My due date came and went. I was having Braxton Hicks contractions before and after my due date. I went to my last appointment with my doctor and he told me that I had dialated about a fingertip and should have him anyday now. He told me that if the kid didn't show up over the weekend he would induce me on Monday (9-8-08). The entire weekend I hung out with my family with everyone texting me and calling me every night to see if he was going to show up! The weekend past with no Everett then Monday morning came and we were off to the hospital to finally meet our bundle of joy. The doctor checked me in and began my induction. After 8 hours of labor, Everett had not dropped down far enough and his heart rate was dropping dramatically after every contraction. Hearing his heart rate drop was the most frightening thing I have ever experienced. The doctor immediately decided on a C-Section and within minutes I was wisked off to the surgery room. The irony of all of this is that my mom had told me I need to have my kid by C-Section because he will come into the world without trama and stress and see the world for the first time with clear eyes. (My mom was a little superstitious :))

No comments: